ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE and Apache Commons HttpClient
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 15:13:29 GMT
Eric Anderson a écrit :
> Okay, I've now looked in to see that resolution is optional in the metainf, which I can't
tell if it is loading the pieces or not.

Yep it is optionnal, so it depends if you have httpclient in your
plugins or not: look into your ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins
If you look into your Ivy console you should see logged as 'verbose'
which "url handler" is taken.
You should either see:
jakarta commons httpclient detected: using it for http downloading
or:
jakarta commons httpclient not found: using jdk url handling

Note that this is logged only on ivysettings loading, not on each resolve.

Nicolas

> On 1/8/09 4:13 PM, "Eric Anderson" <eanderson@palantirtech.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know much about Eclipse plugins, but I noticed when I dropped apache-commons-http
into my antlib directory, ivy from outside the network was very very fast (from ant).