ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject Re: how to put the artifacts in ant classpath?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:44:08 GMT
I wondered about this as well - I've been using ivy:retrieve to pull
stuff into local folders and using that for the jar/war builds. This can
get a bit messy, so I was quite interested in using ivy:cachepath when
it was raised in this thread because then I would only have to have one
copy of a particular jar on my local filing system (the one in the cache)

But then I read the statement in the docs and became confused as to what
"best practices" might be.

Maybe that comment should be removed or clarified. Comments from Ivy
experts would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Chaney