ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Archie Cobbs <archie.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Ivy to manage repositories.
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:26:28 GMT
My $0.02...

I would start by using the ant API to ivy first. Last time I checked, the
ivy code was somewhat murky and very poorly documented (javadoc is almost
nonexistent).

You can have your code spit out temporary build.xml files, then invoke ant
programatically (which is easy), and then grab whatever files were produced
by the ant task.

Then later, as an optimization, you could figure out how to convert the ant
tasks into direct API calls.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs