ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bonvin John" <jbon...@vaudoise.ch>
Subject Default pattern for [artifact]
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:00:01 GMT
Hello all !

I'm new to Ivy and currently in the process of understanding + testing
it as a potential tool for managing our dependencies between modules. So
please forgive me if my question is too simple or betrays my
misunderstanding ;-).

The ivy doc says that the default name of an artifact is the module
name. If anything else is desired, it must be specified in the 'name'
attribute of the 'artifact' tag in the ivy file.

What if our artifacts (nearly) all share the same pattern for naming,
e.g. [artifact]=[organisation]-[module] instead of the default
[artifact]=[module] ? I'd like to avoid having to type twice, for each
of my modules, the organisation and the module in my ivy file. I'd
imagine there could be some place in the ivy settings file where this
pattern could be specified, but have found nothing in the ivy doc nor on
the net.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

	John
Le present courriel, y compris les pieces jointes, s'adresse exclusivement a la (aux) personne(s)
ou a la societe a laquelle (auxquelles) il est destine et peut comporter des informations
confidentielles et/ou protegees par la loi. Toute divulgation, reproduction ou utilisation
de ces informations est interdite et peut etre illegale. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de
ce courriel, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'en aviser l'expediteur.
This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or company named and may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying
or use of this information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.