ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From ataggart <alex.taggart+nab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to exclude source and javadoc download
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:19:46 GMT

Is there some way to do this globally?

We just updated from ivy-2.0.0-beta2 to ivy-2.0.0-rc2 and every one of our
builds started failing due to not finding dependent class files.  I did some
digging after noticing that Ivy was downloading 'source' and 'javadoc' jars
in addition to the binary jars (which, by the way was a huge waste of
bandwidth and time), and I can only guess that our ivy:retrieve pattern
(/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]) was resulting in each of the 3 jars getting
written to the same file name, resulting in the 'javadoc' jar being the only
one left.

Defaulting to pulling down all available source and javadoc jars for every
dependency in the entire graph may be a useful feature to someone, but it is
horrible for us.  For now we've had to revert back to ivy-2.0.0-beta2.