ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Error in org.apache.ivy plugin MANIFEST?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:50:52 GMT
On mardi 20 janvier 2009 14:51:40 Daffin, Miles (IDEAS PRACTICE AREAS) wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was having some problems generating viable p2 metadata for an internal
> mirror of the IvyDE update site. I eventually tracked this down to what
> seems to be an error in the MANIFEST for plugin org.apache.ivy_2.0.0.cr2.
> The plugin version is 2.0.0.cr2 but the Bundle-Version in the MANIFEST is
> 2.0.0.cr2_20081028224207. When I removed the timestamp from this the p2
> metadata generator
> application<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Metadata_Generator>
> generated viable metadata: I was able to install Apache IvyDE and Apache
> Ivy from the internal mirror.
>
> Can this timestamp be removed from the attribute? Is it there
> intentionally/for a reason? Please let us know.

The timestamp is usefull for ordering the builds, make Eclipse understand
there are different versions and how to order them. It is also the case for the
JDT plugins too.

But yeah there might be an issue here. The convention is to have the jar file
named $bundleSymbolicName_$bundleVersion.jar. But maybe it is more than just a
convention ?

Nicolas