ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Sinclair <j...@cooljeff.co.uk>
Subject Ivy webapp friendlyness
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:06:17 GMT
ivy-users,

Recently I deployed a webapp that uses Ivy at runtime to resolve some
module information and obtained the following SecurityException:

(java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
	java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:323)
	java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
	java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
	java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(SecurityManager.java:1252)
	java.lang.System.getProperties(System.java:582)
	org.apache.ivy.core.settings.IvySettings.addSystemProperties(IvySettings.java:294)
	org.apache.ivy.core.settings.IvySettings.<init>(IvySettings.java:290)
	org.apache.ivy.core.settings.IvySettings.<init>(IvySettings.java:212)

Often shared web containers prohibit calls to System.getProperties() which Ivy attempts to
do when populating the 'bootstrap' variables.

Originally I was going to suggest that Ivy only accesses the System variables it needs to
access via System.getProperty(String) but then realised that this is probably not possible
because some variables are dynamically named.

Would it be possible to have some kind of flag in IvySettings that would prevent Ivy from
trying to access System.getProperties()?

Regards,

Jeff