ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bagwell, Allen F" <afba...@sandia.gov>
Subject RE: Latest IvyDE fails to resolve dependencies under Eclipse 3.4
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:30:43 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:03 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Latest IvyDE fails to resolve dependencies under Eclipse 3.4

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Bagwell, Allen F <afbagwe@sandia.gov>wrote:

> My team has been using IvyDE in Eclipse 3.3 for some time now with
> IvyDE 2 alpha 1.
>
> Today I am trying to set up Eclipse 3.4, and upon installing the
> latest IvyDE and attempting to open an IvyDE-equipped project I keep
> getting the
> message:
>
> "Impossible to resolve dependencies of... Resolve project 'Arbit' and
> ivy file 'ivy.xml' dependencies"
>
> then it gives me a list of unresolved dependencies... which is
> basically everything.
>
> Specifically here is the error message...
>
> Impossible to resolve dependencies of arbit#
> Arbiter;working@cloudnine.sandia.gov<Arbiter%3Bworking@cloudnine.sandi
> a.gov>  unresolved dependency: junit.org#junit;${junit.version}: not
> found  unresolved dependency: jboss#drools;${drools.version}: not
> found  unresolved dependency:
> apache#commons-cli;${commons-cli.version}: not found  unresolved
> dependency: apache#log4j;${log4j.version}: not found  unresolved
> dependency: synch#synch-time;${synch-time.version}: not found
> unresolved dependency: msgs#msgdef;${msgdef.version}: not found
>
> And here is the dependencies section of my ivy file:
>

> <dependencies>
>        <dependency org="junit.org" name="junit" rev="${junit.version}" />
>        <dependency org="jboss" name="drools" rev="${drools.version}" />
>        <dependency org="apache" name="commons-cli"
> rev="${commons-cli.version}" />
>        <dependency org="apache" name="log4j" rev="${log4j.version}" />
>        <dependency org="synch" name="synch-time"
> rev="${synch-time.version}" conf="*"/>
>        <dependency org="msgs" name="msgdef" rev="${msgdef.version}" />
> </dependencies>
>
> This ivy file works under Eclipse 3.3 and IvyDE 2-alpha 1.
>
> Under Eclipse 3.4 and IvyDE 2-beta 1, the dependency error shows up.
>
> Running my ant resolve task from the command line in the project
> directory ("ant resolve -v"), Ivy2.0 has absolutely no problems with the ivy.xml file.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is going wrong?

Are you sure your settings are the same? It seems Ivy can't find the properties value in IvyDE.

Xavier

--------

It's using the same .classpath entry for Eclipse that IvyDE 2.0-alpha1 and Ivy2.0-rc2 uses
in our older Eclipse 3.3 environment. Actually there, it looks like it says unresolved dependencies
too, but the ivy.xml[*] project reference shows up pointing to the correct dependencies that
have been transferred to the cache.  This doesn't work though in Eclipse 3.4... The ivy.xml[*]
reference is always missing from the project package view and I get a red X on the ivy.xml
file indicating an error but nothing flagged when I open it in the Ivy editor.