ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bagwell, Allen F" <>
Subject Latest IvyDE fails to resolve dependencies under Eclipse 3.4
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:58:10 GMT

My team has been using IvyDE in Eclipse 3.3 for some time now with IvyDE 2 alpha 1.

Today I am trying to set up Eclipse 3.4, and upon installing the latest IvyDE and attempting
to open an IvyDE-equipped project I keep getting the message:

"Impossible to resolve dependencies of... Resolve project 'Arbit' and ivy file 'ivy.xml' dependencies"

then it gives me a list of unresolved dependencies... which is basically everything.

Specifically here is the error message...

Impossible to resolve dependencies of arbit#Arbiter;
  unresolved dependency:;${junit.version}: not found
  unresolved dependency: jboss#drools;${drools.version}: not found
  unresolved dependency: apache#commons-cli;${commons-cli.version}: not found
  unresolved dependency: apache#log4j;${log4j.version}: not found
  unresolved dependency: synch#synch-time;${synch-time.version}: not found
  unresolved dependency: msgs#msgdef;${msgdef.version}: not found

And here is the dependencies section of my ivy file:

        <dependency org="" name="junit" rev="${junit.version}" />
        <dependency org="jboss" name="drools" rev="${drools.version}" />
        <dependency org="apache" name="commons-cli" rev="${commons-cli.version}" />
        <dependency org="apache" name="log4j" rev="${log4j.version}" />
        <dependency org="synch" name="synch-time" rev="${synch-time.version}" conf="*"/>
        <dependency org="msgs" name="msgdef" rev="${msgdef.version}" />

This ivy file works under Eclipse 3.3 and IvyDE 2-alpha 1.

Under Eclipse 3.4 and IvyDE 2-beta 1, the dependency error shows up.

Running my ant resolve task from the command line in the project directory ("ant resolve -v"),
Ivy2.0 has absolutely no problems with the ivy.xml file.

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong?

Allen F. Bagwell
phone:  505/284-4517
fax:  505/ 844-7886

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you.