ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject produce list of directories with <ivy:buildlist/>?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 21:16:19 GMT

Hi,

I need to produce a path which contains a list of directories (not build.xml
files) for use with <subant genericantfile="."/>.

I got <ivy:buildlist/> to work in the case where each directory contains
build.xml and ivy.xml files, invoking subant for the task results.  More
recently, I tried using <ivy:buildlist/> for a situation where I have
directories containing just ivy.xml, and a single build.xml located
elsewhere (for use with <subant genericantfile="."/>).  I could not figure
out the magic incantation for <ivy:buildlist/> to produce a list of
directories to pass to subant.  Instead, the best I could do was get back a
list of ivy.xml files, and then use ant's <pathconvert/> to convert these
paths to a list of the corresponding parent directories.  I passed this path
to subant, and all seemed well.  until I added another module (dir +
ivy.xml), and discovered that the subant calls were happening in the wrong
order.  It turns out that <pathconvert/> is producing a path in a different
order than the list which I passed to it :(.

Anyone know how to do this?  Might be possible with just <ivy:buildlist/>
and not using <pathconvert/>, I just couldn't get it working for me.

Thanks,

Jim Newsham