ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Kirby Files" <Kirby.Fi...@masergy.com>
Subject RE: how to import artifacts
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 04:26:53 GMT
I use this script:

--------------------------------------
#!/bin/csh

if ($1 == "") then
else
    /usr/local/ant/bin/ant -Dorg="$1" -Dmodule="$2" -Drev="$3" -Dinstall.path="$4" $5 $6 $7
$8 $9
endif
--------------------------------------

With the following build target:

--------------------------------------
  <target name="installjar"
          depends="init-ivy"
          description="--> install jar to masrep">
    <ivy:install settingsRef="masergy.settings" organisation="${org}" module="${module}"
revision="${rev}" type="jar" from="${localjar.resolver}" to="${to.resolver}" />
  </target>
--------------------------------------

Where my build.properties defines these variables:

localjar.resolver=localjars
to.resolver=masrep_sftp

And my ivysettings.xml includes:
  <resolvers>
    <filesystem name="localjars">
      <artifact pattern="${install.path}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]" />
      <artifact pattern="${install.path}/[artifact].[ext]" />
    </filesystem>
  </resolvers>

This script allows me to specify a jar on the local filesystem by its name and the directory
in which it resides (install.path), add the org, and rev metadata, and publish it to one of
my resolvers (I use SFTP with a keyfile to push files up to our webserver; you may use a filesystem
resolver or webdav as a destination).

I also have a bigger hack of a perl script which attempts to read a directory of jars and
guess the org, modul, and rev (validating against maven2), or prompt the user when it's unclear.
See the attachment.

---
Kirby Files
Software Architect