ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Goldspink, Matt \(IT\)" <Matthew.Goldsp...@morganstanley.com>
Subject NullPointer bug IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:20:35 GMT
Hi,

I hit the NullPointer issue this morning in Jira: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-133.

I took a quick look at the problem and it looks pretty straight forward to fix. Is it possible
to get this fix added before 2.0.0.beta1 goes live? I've copied my comment from the Jira below
for reference:

I hit this error this morning when starting up Eclipse with 2.0.0.beta1. I don't think the
statement: "When launching Eclipse, and if there are some failing resolve job" is correct
because the code in the

                        IvyClasspathContainerConfiguration.setConfStatus() method says:
            if (e != null) {
                setResolveStatus(new Status(IStatus.ERROR, IvyPlugin.ID, IStatus.ERROR, e
                        .getMessage(), e.getCause()));
            } else {
                setResolveStatus(Status.OK_STATUS); <!--- So it sets the status when its
ok
            }
which shows that this method is called everytime, not just when there is an error. I did a
bit of debugging and it looks like the line:
          IvyPlugin.getDefault().getContainerDecorator().statusChaged(this);
throws the null pointer and its because the call to getContainerDecoractor() is returning
null. The reason is because Eclipse hasn't yet initialized that part of the plugin because
none of the projects are expanded yet. Is it possible to just add a simple check to change
the above line to be:
           IvyClasspathContainerDecorator decorator = IvyPlugin.getDefault().getContainerDecorator();
           if (decorator != null) {
                    decorator.statusChaged(this);
           }

Matt Goldspink
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 01
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7425-5501
Matthew.Goldspink@morganstanley.com<mailto:Matthew.Goldspink@morganstanley.com>