ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy setup in UNIX ??
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 21:51:03 GMT
If you avoid hard-coded paths in your settings.xml but work with properties instead, you should
be able to reuse the same configuration on windows and unix.
If you use Ivy from within Ant, you could give these properties the appropriate value based
on the server it runs on.

What I used to do some time ago where we had a similar setup was something like this:

<ivysettings>
    <property name="repository" value="c:\repository" override="false" />
    <resolvers>
        <filesystem name="default">
            <ivy pattern="${repository}/path/to/ivy.xml" />
            <artifact pattern="${repository}/path/to/artifact.jar" />
        </filesystem>
    </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

In our buid.xml we checked on which machine the build was running and based on that information,
we gave the ${repository} property an appropriate value.
We did also define the property in the settings.xml to be able to use it from within IvyDE,
which we always ran on windows.

Maarten