ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Mitch Gitman" <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Noob Question, Transitive Dependencies?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:45:12 GMT
If you're putting those other JARs in the same location in your Ivy
repository, then the easiest approach is to also make them publications in
the ivy.xml in that location. Something like:

    <publications>
        <artifact name="hibernate" type="jar" />
        <artifact name="javassist" type="jar" />
        <artifact name="ejb3-persistence" type="jar" />
        <artifact name="hibernate-src" type="source" ext="zip"/>
    </publications>

Note that when your dependency specifies name="hibernate"--it's specifying
the *module*, not the actual artifact. So that hibernate/hibernate
dependency will pick up not just the hibernate JAR but also the other ones,
assuming you're not doing any filtering out of certain artifacts based on
configuration.