ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Mitch Gitman" <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What configurations are selected when no configuration mapping is set in ivy.xml
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:21:33 GMT
Just for sanity's sake, let's suppose your modA has two configurations,
default and test. As a practical matter, it's going to be highly unusual for
you to want to leave out the conf attribute of the dependency element. The
ivy.xml for modA might have a dependency:
    <dependency org="theteam" name="modB" rev="1.0" conf="default->*" />

You're starting from default, rather than from both default and test.

The above example makes modA's default depend on modB's conf1, conf2, and
conf3. Or you might want to say that modA's default only depends on modB's
conf1:
    <dependency org="theteam" name="modB" rev="1.0" conf="default->*conf1*"
/>

I'm sure there's some good use case for letting a dependency default to
conf="*->*", but in a more typical case you want to have more precise
control over your own project's (in this case modA's) per-configuration
dependencies.