ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What configurations are selected when no configuration mapping is set in ivy.xml
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:20:14 GMT
Marc,

your understanding is correct, Ivy will retrieve *all* configurations of the target dependency.

If you want to avoid defining the conf attribute on all of your dependencies, you can specify
the defaultconfmapping attribute in your ivy.xml file.
Cfr. http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/dependency.html#defaultconfmapping

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "marc.deboeck@syntigo.com" <marc.deboeck@syntigo.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:47:00 PM
Subject: What configurations are selected when no configuration mapping is set in ivy.xml

Hi,
In the Ivy documentation (reference page for the "dependency" tag), it is
mentioned that when no defaultconfigmapping nor conf attribute is specified,
the ivy interpretation will be "*->*".
Should I really interprete both asterisks as wildcards ? Or is it more a "*->#"
dependency ? I ask this, because I was more expecting the latter mapping as
default behaviour.

For example suppose I have modA which has a dependency upon modB. modA has two
configurations conf1 and conf2, and modB has three configurations conf1, conf2
and conf3.
>From what I understand from the doc, Ivy will retrieve than by default both
conf1, conf2 and conf3 of modB ?

Thanks,