ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: NullPointer bug IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 09:20:29 GMT
Goldspink, Matt (IT) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I hit the NullPointer issue this morning in Jira: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-133.
>
> I took a quick look at the problem and it looks pretty straight forward to fix. Is it
possible to get this fix added before 2.0.0.beta1 goes live?
Actually I don't see that bug as a blocker for releasing. The bug only
make a error raised at Eclipse startup, it won't affect any functionality.
Thought this bug have to be fixed for 2.0 final version.
And as I commented in the jira issue, the fix will be probably a little
more complex than you suggested.

Nicolas

>  I've copied my comment from the Jira below for reference:
>
> I hit this error this morning when starting up Eclipse with 2.0.0.beta1. I don't think
the statement: "When launching Eclipse, and if there are some failing resolve job" is correct
because the code in the

>                         IvyClasspathContainerConfiguration.setConfStatus() method says:
>             if (e != null) {
>                 setResolveStatus(new Status(IStatus.ERROR, IvyPlugin.ID, IStatus.ERROR,
>                         .getMessage(), e.getCause()));
>             } else {
>                 setResolveStatus(Status.OK_STATUS); <!--- So it sets the status when
its ok
>             }
> which shows that this method is called everytime, not just when there is an error. I
did a bit of debugging and it looks like the line:
>           IvyPlugin.getDefault().getContainerDecorator().statusChaged(this);
> throws the null pointer and its because the call to getContainerDecoractor() is returning
null. The reason is because Eclipse hasn't yet initialized that part of the plugin because
none of the projects are expanded yet. Is it possible to just add a simple check to change
the above line to be:
>            IvyClasspathContainerDecorator decorator = IvyPlugin.getDefault().getContainerDecorator();
>            if (decorator != null) {
>                     decorator.statusChaged(this);
>            }
>

> Matt Goldspink
> Morgan Stanley | Technology
> 20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 01
> London, E14 4QW
> Phone: +44 20 7425-5501
> Matthew.Goldspink@morganstanley.com<mailto:Matthew.Goldspink@morganstanley.com>
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.