ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Berry" <elbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Packager Resolver: Simple and Complete example please.
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:30:05 GMT
Archie,
    Thank you very much for the response.

You can find lots of examples
> here<http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules.xml>in
> the Ivy RoundUp repository. Note: your browser will style the files
> into
> HTML; use "view source" to see them.

For others, you can find the example remote ivy files by clicking on the
module version link:
http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules/com.google/gwt/1.5m2/ivy.xml

And then find the example packager.xml file by hacking the url a bit:
http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules/com.google/gwt/1.5m2/
*packager*.xml

> 1. local ant build.xml file for my project.
> >    a. Calls ivy:retrieve, and uses ivy:cachepath to find resultant jar
> > artifacts, and adds them to my projects classpath?
> >

> Here are some ant macros that I use for this stuff:

> This assumes your ivy.xml is in src/ivy/ivy.xml and you have defined a
> configuration named "javac" with the appropriate dependencies.

Are the macros really necessary? Will the resultant jar artifacts not be in
the cachepath? If not, do you know if the ivy.organisation, and ivy.module
variables are available to the packager.xml file? I'd like to avoid using
these macros and just extracting the jar files into a directory for my
project.

Out of curiousity, the packager.xml is the "artifact" defined in the
resolver configuration, is that what is in the cachepath?

> Here's a src/ivy/ivy.xml example from one of my random projects:
>
>        <dependency name="gwt" org="com.google" rev="1.5m2"
> conf="javac,gwtcompile->compile;runtime->runtime"/>

So, the gwt dependency is actually packaged as a tgz.bz2, as defined in it's
packager.xml right?
<resource url="
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/files/${archive}.tar.bz2"
sha1="aa7dbd652a78fd16256306e1a4c18a2b909fd427">

Your classpath uses your provided macros to add the jars within the bz2 to
your projects classpath?

This is just the SHA1 checksum of the thing you are downloading. On Linux
> compute this using "openssl sha1 filename".

Ah, ok. So it is absolutely required? A bit more work and it requires you
have something like openssl to get the sha1, but guess that's how it goes.

Thank you again for all the help.

Eric

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000