ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Berry" <elbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Packager Resolver: Simple and Complete example please.
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:18:42 GMT
Hi all,
   I'm new to Ivy and I'm trying to use the Packager Resolver to download
and unzip some bundled jars on Sourceforge. I'm looking for a simple yet
complete example of how to set up Ivy to download a zip file from
Sourceforge and extract it's jar files, and include them as part of my
projects classpath.

An example of a dependency zip file is:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/jedit-plugins/ScriptEnginePlugin-0.3.0-bin.zip

If you unzip that file, you will see that there are 2 jars within. I need
these two jars in my projects classpath.

Things I need are?

1. local ant build.xml file for my project.
    a. Calls ivy:retrieve, and uses ivy:cachepath to find resultant jar
artifacts, and adds them to my projects classpath?
2. local ivy.xml for my project which defines the dependency.
    a. Do I define the dependency on the zip file?
    b. or on the zip's contents?
    c. both?
3. remote ivy.xml file for dependency?
    a. Do I need to define the jar files as the publications?
4. remote packager.xml file for dependency?
    a. This should have instructions on how to download and unzip the file,
and where to put the resultant jars (artifacts)?
    b. The resource tag requires a sha1, which I do not have - does this
mean I cannot use the Packager Resolver?

Thanks,
Eric

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000