ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Becheanu" <daniel.beche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:21:58 GMT
Did you used http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/? Or

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite?

Seems like there are some issues with your installation. I will
suggest removing the installation from Help->Software Updates->
Installed Software and try reinstalling IVYDE with

http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/

If that does not fix it:
You can reinstall your eclipse or
you can try following the steps described into

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200812.mbox/%3C327c082b0812081125s4868b365jc807b18a4aa62b17@mail.gmail.com%3E
to clean up your installation.

Daniel

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Bagwell, Allen F <afbagwe@sandia.gov> wrote:
> OK, did that. I'm looking at the console output.
>
> Is there anything there that I should be looking for as an indicator of an error?
>
> The last block of text says that it is loading settings for my ivysettings.xml file.
Then it goes on to list a bunch of ivy specific settings in light purple text. But nothing
says failed or parse error.

> One thing I just noticed in my plugin configuration. 'Apache Ivy 2.0.0.cr2' which was
listed as part of the IvyDE update site I installed as well, but it has an error X next to
it and the status says: "The feature is not configured properly. Plugin 'org.apache.ivy' version
'2.0.0.cr2' referenced by this feature is missing." So it can't reference itself?  And I'm
not sure if that's part of my mysterious settings file parse problem. Might be a separate
issue.

> -A

down on the upper left side of your eclipse console)

> One way to try fixing  this issue is remove the ivy.xml from libraries and add it back.
>

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Bagwell, Allen F <afbagwe@sandia.gov> wrote:
>>
>> Upgrading to this from IvyDE alpha 1 broke my ability to read my ivysettings.xml
file.

>> I keep getting an unspecified error in my project saying that my ivy settings file
has a parse error.

>> However if I open my ivysettings.xml file in the Ivy Editor, there is
>> no indicator of a parsing error. (Nor should I expect there to be
>> since I haven't changed it between alpha1 and this beta.)
>>
>> -Allen

the Eclipse development environment.
>> It will help you manage your classpath based on the Ivy dependencies, with a dedicated
editor of ivy.xml files, with completion.

>> Whereas the status of the previous release was alpha, we got this plugin to be more
stable. The bugs which were making the plugin unusable have been fixed.
>> Thought we know that there are still some bugs, so this is a milestone towards the
final release. But this is already stable, a beta milestone.

>> To download IvyDE: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi
>> Important note: the IvyDE updatesite at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite
is now deprecated because it causes us some deployment pain (which probably get some pain
to some user too). So please switch to use this one:
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/
>>
>> Note that this release is compatible with the last release of Ivy, the 2.0 RC2, which
is already avalaible for download via the updatesite.