ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Griffith, Michael *" <Michael.Griff...@fda.hhs.gov>
Subject Noob Question, Transitive Dependencies?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:10:57 GMT
Please forgive me if this message is posted to the mail list twice, I
did not receive any confirmation when I mailed it previously.

Hi everyone, I've been looking over the documentation, and something
basic is eluding me. I have a dependency setup for a library say
Hibernate.  The dependency is defined as:

<dependency org="hibernate" name="hibernate" rev="3.2.6"/>

The resolver is chained to first look in a local repository hosted by an
Apache server, then ibiblio.  I have a directory in Apache Ivy
repository for hibernate and it contains the hibernate-3.2.6-jar file,
which is resolved just fine, but how do I pull in other jars that reside
in the same directory that hibernate depends on -- (such as
javassist.jar or ejb3-persistence.jar) without explicitly listing each
jar file as a dependency?

There must be some way to do this, and I am sure it is probably
documented, but I can't find it.  Can anyone help me out with a simple
answer and short example?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Griffith