ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Griffith, Michael *" <Michael.Griff...@fda.hhs.gov>
Subject Newbie Question re: Dependencies...
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:20:21 GMT
Hi everyone, I've been looking over the documentation, and something basic is eluding me. I
have a dependency setup for a library say Hibernate.  The dependency is defined as:

<dependency org="hibernate" name="hibernate" rev="3.2.6"/>

The resolver is chained to first look in a local repository hosted by an Apache server, then
ibiblio.  I have a directory in Apache Ivy repository for hibernate and it contains the hibernate-3.2.6-jar
file, which is resolved just fine, but how do I pull in other jars that reside in the same
directory that hibernate depends on -- (such as javassist.jar or ejb3-persistence.jar) without
explicitly listing each jar file as a dependency?

There must be some way to do this, and I am sure it is probably documented, but I can't find
it.  Can anyone help me out with a simple answer and short example?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Griffith