ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Bagwell, Allen F" <afba...@sandia.gov>
Subject RE: [Announce] Release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:57:45 GMT

Upgrading to this from IvyDE alpha 1 broke my ability to read my ivysettings.xml file.

I keep getting an unspecified error in my project saying that my ivy settings file has a parse
error.

However if I open my ivysettings.xml file in the Ivy Editor, there is no indicator of a parsing
error. (Nor should I expect there to be since I haven't changed it between alpha1 and this
beta.)

-Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Lalevée [mailto:nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:09 AM
To: dev@ant.apache.org; ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: [Announce] Release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1

The Apache Ivy project is pleased to announce the release of IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1.

IvyDE is an Eclipse plugin that leverage the management of the Ivy dependencies in the Eclipse
development environment.
It will help you manage your classpath based on the Ivy dependencies, with a dedicated editor
of ivy.xml files, with completion.

Whereas the status of the previous release was alpha, we got this plugin to be more stable.
The bugs which were making the plugin unusable have been fixed.
Thought we know that there are still some bugs, so this is a milestone towards the final release.
But this is already stable, a beta milestone.

To download IvyDE: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/download.cgi
Important note: the IvyDE updatesite at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite is now
deprecated because it causes us some deployment pain (which probably get some pain to some
user too). So please switch to use this one:
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/ivyde/updatesite/

Note that this release is compatible with the last release of Ivy, the 2.0 RC2, which is already
avalaible for download via the updatesite.

The new main features in this release:
* the configuration panel have been splitted to be more manageable and understandable
* Error markers now shows up if the resolve job failed
* You can clean the ivy caches via the context menu
* still experimental: handle dependencies between IvyDE-enabled projects

You will find the raw release notes there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310640&styleName=Html&version=12313273

To get more information on the project, see:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/

Nicolas