ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject RE: how to import artifacts
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:29:46 GMT

So I have to write a script just to import an artifact into a repository?
I'm still surprised by that.  I would expect to be able to invoke a
command-line tool to do a simple import.  I tried to figure out how to do
that with "java -jar ivy.jar" (using the online documentation, which is
particularly weak for this usage), but couldn't get anything working.

I was a bit overwhelmed with the tutorials, and somewhat confused by how all
of the ivy ant tasks work together.  A document that describes this in
detail would be very helpful.  For example, I tried the publish task, but it
complained that I needed to resolve something first.  I read the
documentation on the publish and resolve tasks, but was still left a bit
confused.

I eventually got something working, so this is more or less feedback from a
neophyte on where the tutorials and documentation fall short.  I think the
current tuturials are great, just couldn't find what I wanted to do.  Thanks
also to those who provided scripts.  The fact that people have to write such
complex scripts to do seemingly core tasks also indicates an area where the
tool is lacking.

Best Regards,
Jim Newsham