ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject how to import artifacts
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 02:24:14 GMT

I'd like to integrate ivy into our development process.  In order to do so,
I would need to import all the existing dependencies (typically jars) that
our project currently uses, into a shared repository.  I couldn't find this
anywhere in the documentation, so. what is the magical incantation to add a
single artifact into the repository?  I would expect there to be a simple
command-line invocation where you pass a few parameters (org, module,
version, filename), and the file is added to the repository.

This seems to me a fundamental requirement to set up a repository, so I'm
rather surprised that it's not documented in some obvious place, and there's
no tutorial that explains it.  I saw a tutorial that shows how to copy
artifacts from one repository to another, but that's worthless if what you
have doesn't live in any repository yet.

Thanks in advance,

Jim