ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Ivy and Common Lisp repositories
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:33:44 GMT
>I am researching whether we should use a dependency manager.
>Ivy, integrating very well with Ant, seems an obvious choice. But it
really seems
>that ibiblio and the maven2 repositories only provide Java libraries.
>It would be interesting for my project to resolve Lisp dependencies.
>
>Can you confirm that Ivy can only handle Java dependencies?

AFAIK Ivy works with "artifacts" which "usually" are java archives.
But only "usually" - I think you could also resolve LISP libraries or
C++ or ...

>Would it be too
>much work to personalize Ivy to work with Lisp repositories such as
>the following?
>
>http://common-lisp.net/viewrep.shtml
>http://www.cl-user.net/asp/root-dir
>
>Thank you so much for your help!

Ivy uses resolvers for accessing the repositories.
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/resolvers.ht
ml
I think you could access them.
Alternatively you could set up a repo in your company and use ftp for
accessing ...

If this works an article or blog would be a benefit for other
Lisp/Ivy/Ant users ;)

Jan