ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Goldspink, Matt \(IT\)" <Matthew.Goldsp...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Now Ivy RC2 is there a plan to add an IvyDE compatible version?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:28:09 GMT
Hi,

Just wondering if there was any update on a next release of IvyDE? We want to roll out to
more people in the firm and would prefer an official release as opposed to building it from
source. Just wondering if there was any date you had in mind for releasing a beta release
if not a final?

Thanks,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Lalevée [mailto:nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org]
Sent: 11 November 2008 13:13
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Now Ivy RC2 is there a plan to add an IvyDE compatible version?

Le 11 nov. 08 à 09:44, Goldspink, Matt (IT) a écrit :

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
>> Actually the new version of Ivy is already deployed in the IvyDE
>> updatesite, you can update it.
>
> It looks like Ivy RC2 is misspelt on the update site:
>
> <feature url="features/org.apache.ivy.feature_2.0.0.cr2.jar"
> id="org.apache.ivy.feature" version="2.0.0.cr2">
>
> This caused an issue in Eclipse 3.4 because we'd had a previous
> version of ivy installed which was spelt correctly (i.e. 2.0.0.rc1)
> and now Eclipse seems to think 2.0.0.cr2 is older and won't update
> without an uninstall. I assume its doing basic ascii comparison and
> 'r' being greater than 'c' is causing it to fail.

Actually this is not a mistake, because we want the final release be
called 2.0.0.final. So to keep the version ordered rc was called cr,
so 2.0.0.beta2 < 2.0.0.cr1 < 2.0.0.cr2 < 2.0.0.final.
We fixed that version naming issue before the official release, but
you probably got a trunk build which still had rc1 in there.

>> Note that the current implementation of the "resolve in workspace"
>> feature is quite experimental, not very clean, but is a first step
>> towards a correct implementation. So use it with caution.
>
> My team (15 globally) have been using this feature across a
> workspace of 20 interdependent projects and so far, aside from
> patches we have submitted, we have not had any issues. If any
> changes are made to the implementation I'd be happy to test them out
> since they will probabbly have a big impact on our team.

good to know. Thanks.

Nicolas