ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Now Ivy RC2 is there a plan to add an IvyDE compatible version?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:12:55 GMT

Le 11 nov. 08 à 09:44, Goldspink, Matt (IT) a écrit :

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
>> Actually the new version of Ivy is already deployed in the IvyDE
>> updatesite, you can update it.
>
> It looks like Ivy RC2 is misspelt on the update site:
>
> <feature url="features/org.apache.ivy.feature_2.0.0.cr2.jar"
> id="org.apache.ivy.feature" version="2.0.0.cr2">
>
> This caused an issue in Eclipse 3.4 because we'd had a previous
> version of ivy installed which was spelt correctly (i.e. 2.0.0.rc1)
> and now Eclipse seems to think 2.0.0.cr2 is older and won't update
> without an uninstall. I assume its doing basic ascii comparison and
> 'r' being greater than 'c' is causing it to fail.

Actually this is not a mistake, because we want the final release be
called 2.0.0.final. So to keep the version ordered rc was called cr,
so 2.0.0.beta2 < 2.0.0.cr1 < 2.0.0.cr2 < 2.0.0.final.
We fixed that version naming issue before the official release, but
you probably got a trunk build which still had rc1 in there.

>> Note that the current implementation of the "resolve in workspace"
>> feature is quite experimental, not very clean, but is a first step
>> towards a correct implementation. So use it with caution.
>
> My team (15 globally) have been using this feature across a
> workspace of 20 interdependent projects and so far, aside from
> patches we have submitted, we have not had any issues. If any
> changes are made to the implementation I'd be happy to test them out
> since they will probabbly have a big impact on our team.

good to know. Thanks.

Nicolas