ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up ivy:resolve
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:06:46 GMT
Benjamin,

to avoid the copy of files, did you try to set useOrigin="true" on your caches element?
Cfr. http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/caches.html

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Benjamin Damm <bdamm@silverspringnet.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:36:23 PM
Subject: Speeding up ivy:resolve

Hi,

  Does anyone have or would anyone be interested in a caching facade to speed
up ivy:resolve?  I have a case where my project has about 100 modules in a
few different configurations and it is taking a little longer to do the
resolve than I can stand.  I'm concerned about what will happen when I
introduce NFS into the mix.  For these reasons I'm considering what options I
may have for caching the ivy:resolve (if this is possible) by perhaps storing
structures to disk in a file that can be updated (perhaps by deleting it, I'm
not sure yet).

  The difference between this cache and the ivy cache is I'm not copying the
files out of their locations; where they are presently is just fine because
the entire repository is on local disk (and managed by p4).  So really this
comes down to speeding up the filesystem resolver.

-Ben

--
Benjamin Damm
Silver Spring Networks