ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Oulds <jonat...@sbdev.net>
Subject Re: buildnumber Ant task & automated updates of ivy.xml
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:36:10 GMT
Mitch in you post earlier you described the polluting of the tag
directory over time with numerous CI commits.  This had been a concern
to me, however our project was not old enough for this to become a
seriouss problem.

It was a requirement of the build system to tag successful builds for
easier build reproducibility.  However this is an elegant solution that
does away with the need for what could become a very large tag directory.

Thank you Shawn, I need to look into this and see if it is doable on our
build system.

Shawn Castrianni wrote:
> My raw checked in ivy.xml files contain this:
>
>         <info organisation="Company" module="dsgeol">
>                 <repository name="Subversion" url="svn://svnserv.lgc.com/repos/dsgeol${env.SVN_BRANCH_TAG}${env.SVN_REPO_REVISION}"/>
>                 <description>This module contains the Geology Application.</description>
>         </info>
>
> Then my CI tool sets the SVN_BRANCH_TAG and SVN_REPO_REVISION environment variables so
that it gets resolved to something like:

>         <info organisation="Company" module="dsgeol">
>                 <repository name="Subversion" url="svn://svnserv.lgc.com/repos/dsgeol/branches/branch2@13456"/>
>                 <description>This module contains the Geology Application.</description>
>         </info>
>
> That tells me everything I need to know to later checkout the exact source that built
this version of the module

> ---
> Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.