ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Viktor Sadovnikov <vl_sadovni...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Resolver or dependency
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:23:47 GMT
Yes, it works great with CI server. However I am aiming to help developers to test their code
changes in both projects locally.
Changed project A is not published yet (even locally), but developer is executing "ant test"
of project B. Now it fails.

----- Original Message ----
From: Mitch Gitman <mgitman@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:44:10 PM
Subject: Re: Resolver or dependency

If project B depends on project A, then the only knowledge B has of the
latest version of A is what's in the Ivy repository that the Ivy resolver is
using.

When you get right down to it, the extra functionality you're looking for is
really the work of a continuous integration system. The sequence would go
like this:

   1. You check in changes to project A to source control.
   2. A CI system like Hudson detects the change to A and proceeds to build
   the project itself.
   3. At this end of a successful build, Hudson publishes A.jar (or whatever
   the artifacts are) to the Ivy repository in use.
   4. If you're using something like the Hudson Ivy plugin, then a change to
   project A will trigger a rebuild of its dependent project, B.

By the way, does anyone know the current state of the Hudson Ivy plugin when
it comes to Ivy 2.0?