ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: buildnumber Ant task & automated updates of ivy.xml
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 02:00:08 GMT
My raw checked in ivy.xml files contain this:

        <info organisation="Company" module="dsgeol">
                <repository name="Subversion" url="svn://svnserv.lgc.com/repos/dsgeol${env.SVN_BRANCH_TAG}${env.SVN_REPO_REVISION}"/>
                <description>This module contains the Geology Application.</description>
        </info>

Then my CI tool sets the SVN_BRANCH_TAG and SVN_REPO_REVISION environment variables so that
it gets resolved to something like:

        <info organisation="Company" module="dsgeol">
                <repository name="Subversion" url="svn://svnserv.lgc.com/repos/dsgeol/branches/branch2@13456"/>
                <description>This module contains the Geology Application.</description>
        </info>

That tells me everything I need to know to later checkout the exact source that built this
version of the module

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch Gitman [mailto:mgitman@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:11 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: buildnumber Ant task & automated updates of ivy.xml

Shawn, I think you just offered much the same solution that I was trying to
describe, just far more verbosely. Good to see people coalescing on the same
wavelength.

One small difference. While I had talked about creating a separate
properties file just to hold the Subversion version number, you decided put
that version right in the ivy.xml. The question is, where? I'm not aware of
a natural place in the ivy-module schema to put that extra piece of
information.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Shawn Castrianni <

> If the source comes from CVS, we tag it.  If the source comes from SVN, I
> use the CI system to set an ANT property based on what subversion revision
> was checked out which gets resolved and stored into the ivy.xml file for
> publishing.  Then any published build will contain the ivy.xml file which
> contains the revision number from subversion from which it was built.  Once
> nice feature of subversion.
>
> ---
> Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.