ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject problems with partial dependency and eviction
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:53:20 GMT
I am using my own build of ivy at revision 675585 and am having problems when I use the <include>
sub tag for a dependency so that I can restrict the dependency to just part of the module.

For example, A->B (part1.jar only).  So I use an <include> tag to only include the
part1.jar in the dependency definition.  Now let's say I have C which depends on A and all
of B.  Since A is only going to grab part1.jar only, I have to make C be directly dependent
on B so that I it can get all of B.  This makes sense.  However, IVY (in its resolve to only
get part1.jar of B via A) is preventing the rest of B from coming through when resolving C->B.
 It evicts the rest of B.

This seems like a bug to me since I would think direct dependencies should overrule indirect
dependencies.  Is this a bug and will the latest release candidate of IVY solve this problem?
 Or am I doing something wrong?  Please help.

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.