ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Minor useability bugs in 2.0rc2
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:29:04 GMT
Hi Andy,

thank you for the feedback :-)
Could you please create separate JIRA tickets for each issue you have to make sure they won't
be forgotten?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Andy Piper <andy.piper@oracle.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:55:57 AM
Subject: Minor useability bugs in 2.0rc2

1. Additional attributes for post-resolve tasks are not obviously documented in retrieve,
cachepath etc. I can understand not wanting to repeat the post-resolve documentation, but
even having a link to them in the table would help things be a bit clearer IMO.

2. when using log="quiet" on cachepath and resolve the initial
resolution is done quietly but transitive dependencies appear to then be
resolved ignoring the log setting.

3. I think the comment about not using cachepaths should be removed. Once you have started
using ivy its pretty difficult to remove and cachepaths allow you to optimize your time and
space usage.

4. I wish, oh how I wish that dependency declarations used the same attributes as post-resolve
tasks, i.e. org or organisation, but not both, rev or revision etc. I find this the single
biggest confusing
part of ivy. I prefer the shorter names, but them just being the same would be a huge win.

5. The <publications/> trick should be augmented with some obvious attribute, like <info
virtual-module="true"/> or something. Its a really useful feature but hugely difficult
to figure out how to achieve.

rc2 is working pretty well for me.

Thanks!

andy