ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From usiddiqi <usidd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Ivy classpath creation
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:44:53 GMT

>Ivy should do that automatically if it knows the dependencies of your
referenced jar files.
Yead it does, but as i said it gives the list of only those jar files, which
are mentioned in ivy.xml

>Could you give a little more information about your setup, like:
>- what repository do you use?
Sonatype Nexus Maven Repository

- what are your settings.xml?
>i didnt specify and settings.xml explicitly

>- what is your ivy.xml?
My ivy.xml looks like that;
<dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring" rev="2.5.5" />
<dependency org="org.apache.logging" name="log4j" rev="1.2.15" />
<dependency org="org.hibernate" name="hibernate" rev="3.3.1" />

And then in my ant file...when i call <ivy:cachepath pathid="path.default"
conf="default" />, then i get the list above metioned jar files and for
example not common-lang.jar, which is used by these jars. Though it makes a
successfull build, but i need that complete list for my manifest to deploy
on the server, otherwise i will get a runtime error

thanks,
umer