ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <>
Subject Re: problem resolving "latest" artifact
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:14:27 GMT

I changed my artifacts to not have the revision as part of the file name. And
added the cleanPublishFolder on the svn element. That worked. Previously I
had added the revision number because we wanted to make sure we could
visually see the revision on a deployed app. However, Ivy adds the revision
to the artifact when it resolves the Latest build. Very cool, but not very

Adrian Woodhead-2 wrote:
> If you are using IvySvn 2.0.0-beta 5 you can try set the
> "cleanupPublishFolder" on "svn" to true, that will hopefully do what you
> expect. It is described in more detail here
> (under "Cleaning up
> previously published artifacts").
>> Also, when I try to resolve the latest.milestone or latest.release for
>> coreTools.jar from a different project, I get the following error:
>> [ivy:retrieve] 	No resource found at
>> svn://subversion/ivy/, returning
>> default resource
>> So it wants coreTools-LATEST.jar instead of coreTools-1.0.2.jar
>> So what is the expected behavior? Should the LATEST directory only have
>> the
>> last released artifact? And if the artifacts are in the LATEST directory,
>> why would it be trying to reference coreTools-LATEST.jar?
> That's a good question. I haven't tried this before as we use
> "latest.integration" which seems to work, but this might also be due to
> the fact that we don't put the version number in the file names, only in
> the folder names. I'll make a note to test this and your cases when I
> next have some time. If you want you could file this as a bug
> (which will ensure I don't
> forget about it!)
> Regards,
> Adrian

Buzzterrier View my blog: Ordinary Average Developer...
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message