ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Using ivy to resolve in-build tools
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:50:10 GMT
On Tue 2008-10-28 at 14:18h, Maarten Coene wrote on ivy-user:
> Ivy itself uses tools like emma and checkstyle in it's own build.xml.
> We don't add them into our ivy.xml file, but we use them directly in our build.xml like
this:

>         <ivy:cachepath organisation="checkstyle" module="checkstyle" revision="4.3"
>                 inline="true" conf="default" pathid="checkstyle.classpath" transitive="true"

>                 log="download-only"/>
>         <taskdef resource="checkstyletask.properties" classpathref="checkstyle.classpath"
/>
>         <checkstyle ... />

The following just occurred to me: Is the implicit resolution that is
done by ivy:cachepath here performed in its own context, or is it done
as if it was a declared dependency of the "current" module (if there
is such a thing)?

If it is the former, wouldn't this solve Scott Goldstein's problem
with the self-dependent module?

-- Niklas Matthies