ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Fredrick" <jeffrey.fredr...@gmail.com>
Subject hello-ivy getting javadoc jar instead of jar with .class files
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 05:26:44 GMT
I'm having trouble getting started here...

I downloaded rc1 and copied the ivy jar to my ant lib.  But when I try
and run hello-ivy I get a compile failure because Ivy has delivered me
the commons-cli java doc jar rather than the classes jar.

I checked the mailing list and JIRA but I don't see anyone else with
this problem.  Is it just me?  What can I do differently?

Perhaps related, I also fail when trying to compile the latest Ivy
source from Subversion on my machine. Running the build I get the
following JUnit failures:

IBiblioResolverTest
  testErrorReport : Error: SAXParseException: Element type
"bannersizes.length" must be followed by either attribute
specifications, ">" or "/>".
  testUnknown : Failure : Line 335

URLResolverTest
  testLatestIBiblio : Failure : Line 263
  testVersionRangeIBiblio : Failure : Line 284
  testUnknown: Error : java.text.ParseException: [xml parsing:
ivy-1.0.xml.original:3:7: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of
element 'html'. in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
, unknown tag html in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
, unknown tag head in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
, unknown tag title in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
, unknown tag meta in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
, unknown tag meta in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
, unknown tag meta in
file:/Users/jfredrick/projects/ivy/build/cache/unknown/unknown/ivy-1.0.xml.original
]

Help?

I'm on OS X using Java 5 and Ant 1.7.

Jtf