ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <msmit...@ups.com>
Subject RE: Ivy latest.integration
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:00:09 GMT
Thanks for responding to my question.  Now I'm wandering if I need to set the revision= to
look for some time of parameter passed to it from the config.xml as the version label (i.e.
DEV_10.10) will change and I don't want to hard code it into all dependencies and ivy.xml
file for each build.  I'm not sure how this will work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Woodhead [mailto:adrian@last.fm]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:47 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ivy latest.integration

Using "latest.integration" will retrieve whatever Ivy decides is the
latest version of an artifact. You can set this to be any specific
version you have published if you so desire. For example, if you
published version 1.1 of module "x" and then later published version
1.2, using "latest.integration" will retrieve 1.2, but if you set
revision="1.1" it will retrieve 1.1 which I think is what you want?

msmith39@ups.com wrote:
> Can anyone help me out with my question below?  Thanks in advance.
>
> -Michael

are working fine and the source control tool is PVCS Version Manager 8.1.3.

> All builds are fine as long as we are monitoring the tip versions.  But this is now getting
out of control and we need to apply a version label to the artifacts and build based on that.
 I noticed in the scripts the revision is set to:  rev="latest.integration".  Is there a way
we can set it to: rev="DEV-10.10" or any assigned version label?

> We have about 48-50 components and there are inter-dependencies with several.  I want
to institute branching as well, thus also introduces floating the label when check-in's take
place and we could be on 2-3 different build labels at the same time.