ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Greg George <>
Subject multiple project setup
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:48:24 GMT

I'm looking into whether Ivy might be a good fit for our build system.  We have a multi-project
setup similar to the Ivy example named "multi-project", but I'm not a huge fan of the fact
that cross-project dependencies are handled by copying the jars to each needed project.  With
a large number of projects and jars, this can end up taking a lot of extra disk space.
Since all projects live relative to each other on the same file system, why can't the jars
be referenced from the directory of the project they live in?  Is there some existing setting
that can make Ivy do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.