ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Special meanings latest strategy not working as expected
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:55:27 GMT
cfr. http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/latest-strategies.html

If you use the "latest-revision" strategy, Ivy will consider a "dev" revision always older
than an "rc" revision.
So 1.0.1-dev999 will be older than 1.0.1-rc1.
The numeric value you can specify just defines the order.

So if in your situation a "dev" revision is more recent than an "rc" revision, you could try
the following:

<latest-strategies>
  <latest-revision name="mylatest-revision" usedefaultspecialmeanings="false">
    <specialMeaning name="rc" value="1"/>
    <specialMeaning name="dev" value="2"/>
  </latest-revision>
</late
st-strategies> Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 10:25:38 PM
Subject: Special meanings latest strategy not working as expected

Could someone help me understand why a revision of 1.0.1-rc1 apparently
resolves as later than revision 1.0.1-dev9 in a non-chain filesystem
resolver?   It would seem to me that any dev version should be regarded
as later than any rc.

The documentation explains the numerical mapping of the special
meanings, but doesn't say anything about the effects of these numbers.
If I know that the value of "dev" is "-1" then how am I supposed to use
this information?  Does Ivy apply an offset of -1 to 1.0.0-dev3
resulting in 1.0.0-dev2?   Is 1.0.0-dev2 considered earlier or later
than the -dev3?  It doesn't seem clear to me; please help me understand
what I'm missing here.

Thanks,
Carlton