ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kanjo, Samer" <SKa...@Tribune.com>
Subject Dependency Resolution Problems in RC1
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:59:37 GMT
I installed RC1 today and ran the hello-ivy to verify it was working and
it was. I had previously been playing with Beta 2.
 
I cleared the cache and the project and tried running again expected
this time it failed to compile. I verified the libraries had been
resolved to the lib directory. I opened up the JARs in the lib directory
and I found that the commons-cli-1.0.jar file contained the javadocs
rather than the class files. So I checked the cache and I found that the
classes, sources, and javadocs had been downloaded , which is nice. I
opened each of those JARs to verify their contents and all was well.
 
I tried cleaning and running the project several times. I observed that
commons-lang-2.0.jar contained javadocs rather than classes and
occasionally either commons-lang or commons-cli would contain the source
files rather than the javadocs or classes. The odd thing is that I never
had an issue with the transitive dependency on commons-logging-1.0.jar.
By that I mean the correct JAR was always returned.
 
Since I did compile and run the first time I wondered what had changed.
I deleted my cache directory and re-installed Beta 2 and ran hello-ivy
successfully. I then re-installed RC1, leaving the cache intact and did
a clean build and it worked fine. After deleting the cache yet again and
re-running RC1 the compile failed due to the reasons I described.
 
There seems to be an issue with using the newer cache directory
structure when resolving dependencies. 

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message