ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reinforce dependency control
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:37:27 GMT
There is a very basic (and undocumented) task in Ivy that generates an ivy.xml from the import
statements found in your sources.
Just take a look at the IvyExtractFromSources task.

Not exactly what you were looking for though

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org; Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 3:40:30 PM
Subject: Reinforce dependency control

When working on some big project with heavy history and when looking
at the quality of some meta data in the maven repository I'm always
shoked by the amount of useless dependencies used.

To counter that, I would like to use (and promote) a tool that help
the developpers to limit their path to the strict minimum.

I would like to start with the easiest : the compile path.  (Next I
would try to do the same for test classpath, and maybe for runtime
classpath)
I would like to push my build to an extreme solution.  I want to make
a build fail if some jars of the compile path are not used.

Did you know a task that do that?  Or did you know any tools that list
the jars that are required by a sources (or a compiled jars) that I
could adapt to make such a tasks?

--
Gilles Scokart