ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "St. Denis, David" <>
Subject RE: problem using properties in ivysettings with IvyDE
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:36:59 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Coene []
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: problem using properties in ivysettings with IvyDE

Which version of IvyDE do you use?

----- Original Message ----
From: "St. Denis, David" <>
To: "" <>
Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2008 5:55:43 PM

When I use an ivy settings file with Ant from the command line I can use relative paths, for
   <properties file="" />

But when I use the same ivy settings file from IvyDE I need to use an absolute path to the
property file.
   <properties file="/uhome/dsd/ivy/fms/" />

Otherwise I get the error below:

/uhome/dsd/ivy/fms/ivy_common.xml:15: impossible to configure ivy:settings with given file:
/uhome/dsd/ivy/fms/ivy_settings.xml :java.text.ParseException: failed to load settings from
file:/uhome/dsd/ivy/fms/ivy_settings.xml: unable to load properties from
Tried both as an url and a file, with no success. File exception: (No such file or directory). URL exception:
no protocol:

I can run other targets in the build file which also load this property file without problem,
so it should not be related to the actual relative location of the file. I tried moving the
property file around with respect to the project as an experiment with no luck.

View raw message