ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stripped lines in ivy.xml
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:48:16 GMT
There is a vote running for rc2 at the moment on the ant-dev list, so it's too late for being
included in that release.

Removing all the extra empty lines might indeed be desirable all the time, but I'm not sure
if it will be easy to implement.
Can you create a JIRA issue for this? And you can speed-up the time-to-fix by attaching a
patch to it ;-)

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Foreman, Alex (IT)" <Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:09:56 AM
Subject: RE: Stripped lines in ivy.xml

That would pretty much be perfect.  Tho I cant see why all stripped lines being completely
removed isnt desirable all the time.

As a side note It also leaves comments.  If you comment private conf dependencys/confs etc
they get left in.  However I think its pretty much impossible to programmatically work out
if a comment should remain or not so they are all best left in.

Would the making of this stripping or the 'pretty-print' attribute make it into rc2?  Or is
it too late?  Its quite deirable for our enterprise ivyrep solution.

Many thanks,

Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com