ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Garry Smith <g.m.sm...@reading.ac.uk>
Subject Re: newbie: Instructions on hosting enterprise repository
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:41:34 GMT
Hi,

Adrian Woodhead wrote:

> Garry Smith wrote:
>> That is good to hear.  We currently have jars in our SVN that are
>> organised in the same way you mention (by
>> organisation/module/version). To move to the Ivy way of resolving
>> dependencies it sounds like we just have to include the appropriate
>> ivy metatdata for each existing jar.   I will have a play with the
>> 'creating a repository' tutorial to get an idea of the ivy
>> configuration files that will be needed in the SVN.
> We found that for most cases we could just put the jar files in with
> no extra metadata and only in exceptional cases (e.g.jars which depend
> on other jars, a module consisting of more than one jar, the jar file
> name different to the module name) did we need to also add ivy.xml files.

OK. I assume that you still generated sha1 and md5 files for each jar?

At the moment I am playing with taking some 3rd party jars and using the
publish-local ivy ant task (see below) to add a jar to the local Ivy
repository. I end up with the following in the local repository:

~/.ivy2/local/org.apache $ find .
.
./junit-dep
./junit-dep/4.4
./junit-dep/4.4/jars
./junit-dep/4.4/jars/junit-dep.jar
./junit-dep/4.4/jars/junit-dep.jar.sha1
./junit-dep/4.4/jars/junit-dep.jar.md5
./junit-dep/4.4/ivys
./junit-dep/4.4/ivys/ivy.xml
./junit-dep/4.4/ivys/ivy.xml.sha1
./junit-dep/4.4/ivys/ivy.xml.md5
./log4j
./log4j/1.2.15
./log4j/1.2.15/jars
./log4j/1.2.15/jars/log4j.jar
./log4j/1.2.15/jars/log4j.jar.sha1
./log4j/1.2.15/jars/log4j.jar.md5
./log4j/1.2.15/ivys
./log4j/1.2.15/ivys/ivy.xml
./log4j/1.2.15/ivys/ivy.xml.sha1
./log4j/1.2.15/ivys/ivy.xml.md5

I am thinking to knock a script up to do this enmasse for our
dependencies. Is there a common Ivy way to do this already?

cheers

Garry