ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Woodhead <adr...@last.fm>
Subject Re: Ivy latest.integration
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:44:49 GMT
I'm not sure what config.xml you are referring to?

As for choosing the revision numbers, maybe you need to explain in a bit
more detail what you are trying to achieve and how your system is
currently setup. You could possibly use ant properties which you
generate at runtime so you avoid hard coding anything but without
knowing anything about your current system I'm not sure.

msmith39@ups.com wrote:
> Thanks for responding to my question.  Now I'm wandering if I need to set the revision=
to look for some time of parameter passed to it from the config.xml as the version label (i.e.
DEV_10.10) will change and I don't want to hard code it into all dependencies and ivy.xml
file for each build.  I'm not sure how this will work.

are working fine and the source control tool is PVCS Version Manager 8.1.3.

>> All builds are fine as long as we are monitoring the tip versions.  But this is now
getting out of control and we need to apply a version label to the artifacts and build based
on that.  I noticed in the scripts the revision is set to:  rev="latest.integration".  Is
there a way we can set it to: rev="DEV-10.10" or any assigned version label?

>> We have about 48-50 components and there are inter-dependencies with several.  I
want to institute branching as well, thus also introduces floating the label when check-in's
take place and we could be on 2-3 different build labels at the same time.