ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Use cases of resolver force mode
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:34:57 GMT
I think I ran into this as well and I think that this suggestion would work nicely.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown, Carlton [mailto:Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:46 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Use cases of resolver force mode

I have a filesystem resolver which should be forced in some chains, but
not in others.   If I understand correctly, the current design as of RC1
would require me to define a duplicate resolver and change the force
attribute in order to accomplish this.

Isn't it correct that force behavior is meaningful only when the
resolver is part of a chain?  If that is true, then doesn't it make more
sense to assign it as an attribute of a resolver reference in a chain,
like this example:

<chain name="rc" returnFirst="false">
        <resolver ref="final-fs"/>
        <resolver ref="rc-fs" force="true"/>
</chain>

<chain name="local" returnFirst="false">
        <resolver ref="final-fs"/>
        <resolver ref="rc-fs"/>
        <resolver ref="local-fs" force="true">
</chain>

This gives much more flexibility in defining chain behavior.  Does
anyone else agree, or is there some use case I've overlooked?