ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <>
Subject problem resolving "latest" artifact
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:57:48 GMT

I publish milestone and release status artifacts to the same Ivysvn
repository using the ivy buildnumber feature. Below is the milestone ant
task I use (note that the release task is identical, but has a "release"

	<target name="milestone" depends="jar" description="--> publish this
project in the blue ivy subversion repository">
		 <ivy:info file="ivy.xml"/>
		 			 organisation="${ivy.organisation}" module="${ivy.module}"
		 			revision="1.0." defaultBuildNumber="1"/>

            <ivy:publish artifactspattern="${build.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"

The result publishing with these tasks is a new directory for reach release
in the subversion repos:

inside of each of the versioned directories is the artifact and associated
ivy meta files e.g.

the LATEST directory has all the released jars and metadata:

This seems odd, I thought that LATEST directory would have just the last
published jar and metadata i.e. coreTools-1.0.2.jar

Also, when I try to resolve the latest.milestone or latest.release for
coreTools.jar from a different project, I get the following error:

[ivy:retrieve] 	No resource found at
svn://subversion/ivy/, returning
default resource

So it wants coreTools-LATEST.jar instead of coreTools-1.0.2.jar

So what is the expected behavior? Should the LATEST directory only have the
last released artifact? And if the artifacts are in the LATEST directory,
why would it be trying to reference coreTools-LATEST.jar?

also, here is my ivysvn resolver:

<svn name="shared" userName="${}"
userPassword="${svn.user.password}" repositoryRoot="svn://subversion/ivy/">
				<ivy pattern=

Buzzterrier View my blog: Ordinary Average Developer...
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message