ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From rfkrocktk <rfkroc...@gmail.com>
Subject New to Ivy question
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:41:42 GMT

I'm new to Ivy, as you've already gathered, and I'm very interested in how it
can help me resolve my project's dependencies. I'm running a Spring +
Hibernate setup on a J2EE server, and I need to know which libraries I'll
need to get the whole thing going. I've already got an existing Hibernate
setup working for this server, but I'm wondering how in the heck Ivy would
know which libs I need to get Hibernate and Spring working together. Also,
the latest version of the server has changed how things work, has upgraded
to Spring 2.25, and has removed some JARs that my existing setup depends on.
I can't nail down specifically which JAR's are necessary, so I'm basically
screwed until I can figure this out.

Maybe this isn't even an Ivy question, I don't know. Is there a way to find
out what libraries I'll need for any project?